Monday, July 3, 2017

7/1/2017



Well I have about 5 minutes to write this email. So it will be super short and super sweet haha. So overall it was a lovely week here in London. The weather has cooled down. We are back to the gloomy English days. It's quite nice at times. I've come to love the weather here. It's quite strange haha. But we have been busy. We had a really really good MLC this week and we were up quite late preparing things but it payed off and the spirit was powerful and I learned so much. I'm grateful for president and sister Stevens.



I went out to an area called Dunstable the other day and we had a great time out finding and just enjoying the work. I'm very very grateful for the chance to leave London for a bit and enjoy the countryside for probably the last time. It made me so grateful for my mission as I rode on the train there, being able to look out on the beautiful rolling green hills. England has my heart Haha.

So J.....he is a self referral and long story short, he had met the church 5 years ago and had felt the spirit when he read the Book of Mormon and had put it off and forgot about it. Recently he felt drawn to the church again and re read the Book of Mormon and felt the same feeling. As he met with us he expressed how he felt something he could not describe. He explained it as excitement but peace. We were able to teach with president and the spirit was so powerful. I felt my testimony grow as I sat in the lesson. J expressed his feelings opening and it was a miracle. He expressed how he know God lives because of the way he feels as he reads the Book of Mormon. Just like him I know it's true. J is an example to me and I will never forget the lesson we had with him. Just over the last few weeks he has watched general conference by himself and has read all of 1 nephi and 3 nephi. He is coming to church with us tomorrow and I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for giving us this opportunity.

I have seen the Lords Hand this week in the small details. We fasted as a companionship to find someone ready and willing to accept the gospel. Our prayer was answered and we are humbled at how well Heavenly Father knows us. We don't have much time to go out and proselyte, and the Lord is mindful of us. I'm grateful for Him.


I love you all! I will see you soon I guess. I love this work. England is lovely. I miss you!




No comments:

Post a Comment